The Board of Directors approved the appointment of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and its division, Risk Placement Services (RPS), to work with our Churches and their designated agents in risk management networking and procuring the best coverage possible. We are grateful to our National Insurance Program Committee that oversaw the RFP for services:
- Rev. Pat Jeffrey, Pastor of Grace Community Church (Falcon, CO)
- Brenda Smith, COO of First Presbyterian Church (Colorado Springs, CO)
- John Terech, COO and Director of Family Ministries, Palm City Presbyterian Church (Palm City, FL)
- Steve Sawyer of Woodruff-Sawyer (San Francisco, CA).
“We are excited to have a partner of the world-class caliber of Gallagher and its Religious Practice to help us live out the principles that make us one as a newly emerging denomination” Brenda Smith commented, “The fact that Gallagher can bring flexibility, collaboration and a national footprint to our partnership means a great deal to us in this time of change.”
Here are the key aspects of this appointment:
- That Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and its division, Risk Placement Services (RPS), along with its national Religious Practice, be appointed as the national program manager for the ECO insurance and ministry protection program, effective immediately
- That the ECO national program be open as well to all churches who are connected to ECO as well as those in affiliation through the Fellowship of Presbyterians.
- With the understanding that Gallagher will give the local ECO /Fellowship of Presbyterians church the ability to select a local agent / broker that will have access to this portfolio of insurance solutions, and along with the churches, have access to the valued risk management resources (enabling ministry) and national networking and sharing that this national program will make available through the Gallagher Religious Practice.
ECO churches are encouraged to have their agent reach out to RPS via the email email@example.com to become an approved producer for ECO’s national program through CoverageFirst. RPS Barry Clipsham and Gallagher’s Religious Practice Managing Director, Peter Persuitti, will lead this national effort with guidance and oversight from a soon-to-be-announced ECO Insurance Committee, comprised of local church representatives and business associates, and chaired by Brenda Smith, ECO’s Chief Operating Officer.
According to “Business Insurance”, RPS in the #1 managing general agent (MGA) in the United States and the fourth largest wholesale broker in the world.
Stay tuned for further information on this national insurance program on our website, especially for upcoming webinars open to serving all local ECO and Fellowship of Presbyterians churches.